The overall aims of the Programme are to:
1. further develop relevant business, international relations, diplomacy and organisation knowledge, both academic and professional, in line with postgraduate standards/benchmarks;
2. develop critical reflection skills and engagement with organisational and professional theory to understand and, where appropriate, challenge existing individual and organisational perspectives and practices (with a particular focus on digital marketing, international relations and diplomacy);
3. develop, and where appropriate apply, new knowledge to add value by enhancing organisational capability;
4. develop understanding of an organisation’s strategic focus and environment, and the impact of the inter-relationship between the organisation’s resources and clients in the evolving global business environment;
5. develop commitment to continuous personal and professional development, independence and reflective learning;
6. develop particular expertise and understanding in the fields of international relations, diplomacy, global governance, business and management.
Successful students will be able to:
1. engage in effective individual research and demonstrate the ability to understand and apply management theory, and to make, when necessary, sound judgments under conditions of uncertainty;
2. exhibit improved independent research and time management skills, having undertaken a substantial self-managed research project which involved application of a variety of management and research practices, and demonstrates expertise and understanding of issues in international relations, , global governance, diplomacy, negotiation and conflict mediation;
3. demonstrate enhanced interpersonal and team skills, through working with others from different industry or cultural backgrounds;
4. continue to reflect on their existing experiences, and learn from
and build on the experience of others;
5. develop into modern, well rounded and outward looking managers with a high concern for customers and colleagues, capable of taking responsibility for themselves, their people, their areas of responsibility and their organisation.